The majority of the world’s population loves crispy french fries or chips. You can find them in just about any restaurant. All fast food restaurants add their own special touch or twist to their fries. For some unknown reason, McDonald’s seems to serve everybody’s all-time favorite fries. Personally, my favorite fries are in this recipe. They have the perfect crunch, texture, and taste.
The beauty of homemade fries, as with anything homemade, is their versatility as you can adjust the shape, seasoning, and cooking time. I love my fries Golden Brown. The cooking time for this is pretty much dead on 5 min. Any kind of oil can be used for deep frying, but my preference is olive oil. You can use just about any type of potato, but if you want superb fries Idaho potatoes are the best. As far as the seasoning, simple salt will suffice; although, I prefer salt, pepper, and a dash of paprika.
Serve these up with your choice of main courses. Personally, like 90% of the population, I love homemade burgers with them. And as always, don’t forget your favorite beverage. My preference with homemade fries is a nice, light ale.
- 4 medium potatoes
- cooking oil
- Peel the potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters lengthwise.
- Slice into your preferred size and shape of french fries.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Fry the french fries for 4 to 6 min. or until golden brown. This will depend on the temperature of your cooking oil.
- Remove from the oil and place on a wire rack to drain off the excess oil.
- If you don’t have a wire rack, place the fries on a plate with a paper towel bed. This will also absorb the excess oil.
- Season with salt and any other of your preferred spices.
- Serve and enjoy your homemade fries!