Spaghetti tuna is made with noodles, tuna, garlic and onions. It is a simple and fast dish to make. It is also a very healthy alternative to traditional spaghetti. It makes a delicious snack or dinner and is excellent served up with a glass of good wine. As with many spaghetti recipes, it makes a great day after or left over dish, as well.
- 250 g pasta spaghetti noodles, cooked
- 200 g light tuna flakes or canned tuna, drained
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 hard boiled egg, slice into pieces
- 1 tsp. parsley chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated cheese (optional)
1. Cook spaghetti noodles in a pot according to package direction. Set aside.
2. Melt butter and add some olive oil in a pan. Saute onion and garlic until fragrant. Do not over cook the garlic; otherwise, it will give bitter taste.
3. Add in dried tuna flakes. Stir and fry over low heat for a few minutes. Add and toss cooked pasta noodles, stir at least 5 minutes or until well incorporated. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve on a platter. Garnish with hard-boiled egg and fresh chopped parsley.