Strawberry muffins are made with fresh strawberries. They are one of my favorites as they are are delicious, healthy and nutritional. They are perfect for breakfast, snacks, or dessert. They are also great served up with a hot cup of tea or coffee. As a tip, ensure the first step is followed as the juices should be extracted from the strawberries first by using sugar. If this precautionary tip is not followed, the muffins will become wet or soggy while baking.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries + 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. of fresh orange zest
- 1/2 tsp. salt
1. lice strawberries into cubes and set aside in a mixing bowl. Add a table spoon of sugar and stir until juices come out of strawberries. Strain strawberries using a strainer; take off about 2 table spoons of juice. Set aside.
2. Combine baking powder, flour, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
3. In a separate container, combine milk, vegetable oil, eggs and orange zest. Mix thoroughly until well incorporated.
4. Pour the wet mixture into a bowl of flour mixture. Stir using a spoon or spatula until flour is mixed throughout the wet ingredients, but do not, over mix. Add in the strained strawberries and toss gently until nicely combined with the batter mixture.
5. Place in batter mixture, about 1 ice large ice cream scoop, into a preferred baking pan with muffin cups. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for at least 20 – 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
6. Remove from oven. Allow to cool and serve. Enjoy your strawberry muffins!