Snow peas, carrots, peppers and beef stir – fry is a fast, easy, and delightful recipe. As with any stir-fry, the secret is cooking the vegetables to perfection. I find, a total cooking time of 4 to 5 minutes is perfect. This allows the vegetables to become slightly tender. On the other hand, they maintain their crunch. It is important to cook the carrots for an extra couple of minutes before adding the rest of the vegetables, as they are the more dense and require the most cooking time. It is equally important to add the peppers slightly before the snow peas. The snow peas only take a minute or two to cook, and there is nothing worse than soggy snow peas.
You can use any type of beef. I prefer a fairly decent cut. I cut it into fairly fine strips and then cube it. It cooks relatively fast. I don’t bother, but if you want to be a little fancier, you can marinate the beef for an hour or so before frying it. I don’t find this really necessary and don’t believe it adds much of a difference as far as the taste goes.
If you are in a hurry to whip up a delicious, fast meal, this is the recipe for you.
- 1 bunch snow peas
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1/2 pound beef, chopped into small pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1 onion, cut into rings
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- cooking oil
- Add some cooking oil in a preheated pan. Over medium heat, place in the onions and garlic. Saute them until the onions just begin to turn translucent.
- Place the beef in the pan. Saute until it just begins to turn brown.
- Add in the carrots and fry for 2 – 3 minutes. Place the bell peppers and the snow peas into the pan. Season with pepper, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Cook for an additional 2 -3 minutes or until the vegetables reach your preferred tenderness.
- Turn off the heat. Serve and enjoy!