Snow pea and carrot stir fry is a very simple and healthy dish. The addition of fresh shrimp gives the recipe a touch if elegance. However, any meat such as beef or pork can be substituted, as well. It can be eaten without the shrimp as the dish is originally vegan. As with any recipe, feel free to experiment and discover your taste.
- 1 bunch Snow peas
- 1/2 kilo shrimp, deveined
- 1 small carrot, julienne
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. ginger powder
- 3 tbsp soy sauce + 1 tsp. sesame oil
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pan heat, heat olive oil; saute onion until fragrant. Do not burn and allow to soften a little bit.
2. Add in snow peas, stir and fry over medium-low heat for few minutes. Add in carrots and shrimp, stir and fry until shrimp changes it color to pink.
3. Season with ginger powder, salt and pepper. Pour in the combined soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir all together for 1 minute. Turn off heat and serve immediately.