Scrambled egg tortilla is a simple and delightful breakfast recipe. Made with a simple combination of eggs, salsa, milk, butter, salt, and pepper, they can be thrown together in a matter of minutes. You can pick up a pack of wrappers in your local grocery store. If you are really adventurous, you can make the tortillas from scratch. I prefer a medium, chunky salsa. You can use mild or hot if you wish. In terms of the cheese, I use old cheddar, but you can use mild or medium. Monterey Jack will add a nice touch to the dish, as well.
These scrambled egg tortillas are nice served up with some sausages or bacon. Give them a try today. I’m sure you will enjoy them.
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp medium chunky salsa
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp milk
- salt and pepper
- 2 nine inch flour tortillas
- cooking oil
- In a medium size mixing bowl, add in the eggs, salsa, milk, and the melted butter. Season it with salt and pepper. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Add some cooking oil to a preheated pan. Add in the egg mixture. Cook the eggs over medium heat until they are scrambled. They should be a little crumbly but still have a bit of moisture to them. Remove them from the pan, and set them aside in a bowl.
- In the same pan, place in the tortilla wrapper, and heat it for about a minute. Flip it over. Place half the scrambled eggs onto one side of the tortilla. Sprinkle half the cheddar cheese over the top. Fold the empty side of the tortilla over the side with the eggs. Flip it over and let it cook for about 30 seconds to a minute – just until it becomes slightly crispy. Repeat this process for the other tortilla.
- Serve and enjoy your delightful scrambled egg tortilla.