Warning: Illegal string offset 'script' in /home/ourgre6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-socializer/includes/wpsr-shortcodes.php on line 92
Warning: Illegal string offset 'script' in /home/ourgre6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-socializer/includes/wpsr-shortcodes.php on line 72
Warning: Illegal string offset 'script' in /home/ourgre6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-socializer/includes/wpsr-shortcodes.php on line 85
Scrambled egg and ham tarts are simple to make. Actually, I was making a pie the other day and had some left over dough. I wondered what I could do with it and thought about making a breakfast tart. The idea come together nicely and developed into a very tasty recipe. There are several variations to this recipe. For example, you could use bacon in place of the ham. In doing some research, I found recipes where a whole egg is simply cracked directly into the tart shell. I prefer the scrambled egg and ham concept as tends to be fluffier and lighter. Just about any kind of cheese can be used. I prefer Monterey Jack as it tends to be a lighter cheese. An old cheddar cheese is also very good, as it has a bit more of a bite. You can buy packaged pie crust from a grocery store or make it from scratch following the pastry recipe for our butter tarts. These tarts are great to share with family and friends. The will be an instant hit for sure.
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1-2 slices ham
- 2 tbsp monterey jack cheese old cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425° F ( 220° C).
- Make the pie crust according to package instructions, or follow our recipe for making tart shells.
- Cut the pie crust into approximately 10 cm diameter pieces using a cookie cutter or another round object. Place them into a muffin tray.
- Place them in the oven and bake for approximately 8 min. or until lightly browned. Remove them from the oven, carefully take them out of the muffin pan, and place them on a baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Whisk them well.
- Cut the ham into wedges that will fit into the bottom of the tart. Place them into the tarts.
- Sprinkle the Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese over the top of the ham.
- Spoon in enough of the egg mixture to fill the tart shell.
- Turn the oven down to 350° F (177° C), place the tarts in, and bake for 17 to 20 min. or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the tarts to cool for about 5 min. Remove them from the muffin pan.
- Serve them and enjoy.