Warning: Illegal string offset 'script' in /home/ourgre6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-socializer/includes/wpsr-shortcodes.php on line 92
Warning: Illegal string offset 'script' in /home/ourgre6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-socializer/includes/wpsr-shortcodes.php on line 72
Warning: Illegal string offset 'script' in /home/ourgre6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-socializer/includes/wpsr-shortcodes.php on line 85
Roast beef burgers are incredibly delicious. They are a delightful alternative to hamburgers. They are very similar to an Arby’s roast beef sandwich or other sandwiches and burgers from fast food restaurants. The advantage is they are homemade. Cooking these burgers involves a little more preparation and time, but it certainly is well worth the effort. To achieve the best results, roast the meat at 350° Fahrenheit until it is cooked rare. Ensure that you do not overcooked the beef. The last thing you want is a well-done piece of meat.
The internal temperature of the meat should be between 130 and 140 degrees. At this point, remove the meat from the oven, let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes, and cut it into superthin pieces. Remember to slice the meat opposite to the grain. If you slice it with a grain, it will not be tender.
After this, simply place the meat onto aluminum foil, pour the juices back over, add the vegetables overtop, seal the foil, and place it on the barbecue for 10 to 15 minutes. If you don’t want to use the barbecue, place it back of the oven at 400 to 425°F for the same amount of time. This recipe will make about 4 good sized burgers.
Serve these burgers up with your favorite sauce, french fries, and coleslaw. Your dinner guests are guaranteed to love these roast beef burgers.
- 1 lb (1/2 kilo) roast beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3-4 button mushrooms
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tbsp rosemary
- 3-4 tbsp cooking oil
- salta nd pepper
- 4-6 sesame seed buns ( depending on the thickness of burgers)
- aluminum foil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (177 C)
- Ensure the roast has sat out at room temperature for at least 30 minutes and not more than 1 hour. Rub the roast on all side with the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Gently message the spices into the meat using your hands.
- Place it in the oven and roast for about 1 hour. The roast should be fairly rare with an internal temperature of 135 to 140 degrees F.
- Remove the meat from the oven and allow to rest in aluminum foil for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the beef from the foil (save the juices) and cut into super thin slices. Be sure to cut the meat opposite to the grain.
- Divide the cut pieces of beef into two portions. Rip off two 12 – 14 inch slices of aluminum foil. Place half the slices onto each piece of foil. Pour the juices back over the meat. Place the onions, red bell peppers, and the mushrooms over the top of the beef. Pour a small amount of olive oil over everything. Cover and seal well with the aluminum foil. Add an extra piece of foil for additional protection.
- Place on the barbecue for 10 to 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Alternatively, you can place them back into the oven at about 400 degrees F for the same period of time.
- Toast the hamburger buns until they are nicely browned.
- Remove the beef and vegetables from the foil. Place them on the buns. Serve with your favorite sauce.
- Enjoy your roast beef burgers.