Warning: Illegal string offset 'script' in /home/ourgre6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-socializer/includes/wpsr-shortcodes.php on line 92
Warning: Illegal string offset 'script' in /home/ourgre6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-socializer/includes/wpsr-shortcodes.php on line 72
Warning: Illegal string offset 'script' in /home/ourgre6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-socializer/includes/wpsr-shortcodes.php on line 85
Pocket pita bread is easy to make remarkably delicious. It can be used for a variety of applications such as shawarma, Italian, chicken, or beef pitas. They are great stuffed with any of your favorite fillings. On of my favorite recipes is chicken pitas. I have provided a link to one of my other sites.
- 1 package instant yeast
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 cup water at about 110 degrees
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Place the water in the microwave for about 10 – 15 seconds or until it reaches approximately 110 degrees F. Place in the instant yeast and the sugar. Stir and allow it to sit in a warm place for 10 minutes. It should appear frothy and bubbly on the top.
- Add the flour and salt to a separate bowl. Whisk them together for a few minutes. Add the yeast mixture into the bowl. Using a spoon or electric mixer with dough hooks, mix until a dough forms. If the mixture is too wet, add in a little more flour; if it is too dry, add in a little more water. It should be smooth and not stick to your hands or the side of the bowl.
- Lightly flour a surface and place the dough on it. Knead until the dough becomes smooth and elastic like. In other words, when you pull a piece of the dough away, it should spring back a little.
- Oil a bowl and place the dough in it. Drizzle some oil over the top of the dough and brush it evenly over all surfaces. Cover it with Saran wrap, place in it in a warm area, and allow it to sit for at least an hour. I turn the oven on for a minute or two, shut it off, and then place the dough in.
- After an hour, give the dough a soft punch with your fist to allow the air to escape. Using a dough or pizza cutter, divide the dough into three equal parts. Form each part into a ball, and flatten it into a circular disk. Roll it out until it becomes six or 7 inches in diameter and about a quarter of an inch thick.
- Place each rolled up piece of dough onto a baking tray. Place them into a 400°F preheated oven for 5 minutes. This will create soft pita. For a firmer and crispier pita bread, bake for about six to seven minutes.
- Remove the pita bread from the oven, allow it to cool a little, slice in half, and stuff the pocket pita bread with your favorite filling.