Perfect roast beef sandwiches are made with ingredients such as tomatoes, lettuce, Dijon mustard, and brown bread. These sandwiches are the perfect solution to leftover roast beef. They are also incredibly easy to make, practical, and delicious. The roast beef can be sliced in a variety of different thicknesses. Personally, I prefer mine very thinly sliced and layered on the sandwich. Just about any cheese can be used with the sandwiches. The best compliment, however, seems to be that Monterey Jack or old cheddar. In a pinch, although not recommend, simple processed cheddar cheese slices can be used. Several condiments can be appropriately used with roast beef sandwiches such as mustard, horseradish, or even ketchup. Dijon mustard, however, seems to create the best case combination.
Serve these sandwiches up with a fresh garden salad for a healthy light lunch. Try them today. You will love them.
- 2 slices brown or white bread
- 2 slices thinly sliced roast beef – deli or cut from your own roast
- Monterey Jack cheese or old cheddar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp butter at room temperature
- 2 leaves lettuce
- 4 pcs tomatoes, finely sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Butter the bread and spread on the Dijon mustard. Add the cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Cut the sandwich in half and place it on a plate. You may want to slip in into the microwave for a few seconds (maybe 30) just to warm it a little bit.
- Enjoy your roast beef sandwich.