Parmesan crusted chicken is easy to prepare and simply delightful. The entire dish can be prepared in about 45 minutes. Boneless, skinless chicken breast work the best in this recipe. You can pick these up at just about any grocery store. It works best if the meat is slightly chilled or at room temperature. I use Panko bread crumbs, but you can use just about any kind you have on hand. When dredging the chicken in the coatings, it’s important to spend a bit of time and ensure they are completely coated on all sides. This will produce a better outcome.
Parmesan crusted chicken can be served up with potato wedges, a nice garden salad, or even a tomato feta pasta salad. A glass of red wine complements it nicely, as well.
- 3 – 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
(5 / 5)
- Dredge each chicken breast in the flour. Dip it into the egg mixture. Then, dip it into the breadcrumbs. Make sure all sides of the chicken breasts are fully covered with each of the mixtures. Set them aside on a plate.
- Add the olive oil and butter to a preheated pan. Place the chicken breasts in and fry them over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until they are golden brown. Set them aside on a plate.
- Place the chicken breasts into a baking dish and grate some Parmesan cheese over the top. If you don’t have a fresh block of Parmesan, you can use the powdered. Season them with salt and pepper. Place the chicken breasts into a 350 degree preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and a little brown.
- Remove the Parmesan crusted chicken from the oven, serve, and enjoy.