Warning: Illegal string offset 'script' in /home/ourgre6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-socializer/includes/wpsr-shortcodes.php on line 92
Warning: Illegal string offset 'script' in /home/ourgre6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-socializer/includes/wpsr-shortcodes.php on line 72
Warning: Illegal string offset 'script' in /home/ourgre6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-socializer/includes/wpsr-shortcodes.php on line 85
Sauteed Chicken in Orange Sauce is made with ingredients such as boneless-skinless chicken breasts, orange zest, orange juice, onions and a combination of spices. It is a mouthwatering recipe. As with many chicken recipes, its origins are oriental, but it has nevertheless found its way into many American and European kitchens. Serve this up with your favorite rice and red white. Personally I would suggest a nice Chardonnay. This is another dish that will clearly be given the Our Great Recipes “wow” by your dinner guests.
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 2 thumb size chopped ginger
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 tsp orange zest
- vegetable oil
- sesame seed (for garnishing)
- green onions, cut in strips (for garnishing)
- orange wedges (for garnishing)
For the Sauce:
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp. water
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp rice wine
- Cube the chicken into large cubes.
- Transfer the cubes into a bowl and crack the eggs in. Mix until well combined. Make sure the chicken cubes are evenly coated.
- In a zip lock bag, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. Place the chicken in the bag of ingredients, and shake it well. Make sure the chicken is fully coated with the mixture. Set it aside.
- In another mixing bowl, make the sauce by combining the orange juice, soy sauce, and rice wine. Stir until well combined. Set it aside.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan. Pan fry the chicken, for about 9 minutes, over medium-high heat until it’s light brown . Set it aside.
- In the same pan, remove the excess oil. Place in the hot pepper flakes, garlic and ginger. Saute them until they are fragrant.
- Add the chicken back in, stir, and fry for a minute or two.
- Pour the sauce in, and bring it to a boil over medium-high heat. Pour in the diluted cornstarch and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Once sauce thickens, turn off the heat.
- Place the chicken on a platter and spoon some sauce over the top. Garnish it with sliced oranges, sesame seeds, and green onions. Serve with rice. Enjoy your orange chicken.