Warning: Illegal string offset 'script' in /home/ourgre6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-socializer/includes/wpsr-shortcodes.php on line 92
Warning: Illegal string offset 'script' in /home/ourgre6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-socializer/includes/wpsr-shortcodes.php on line 72
Warning: Illegal string offset 'script' in /home/ourgre6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-socializer/includes/wpsr-shortcodes.php on line 85
Homemade lasagna is one of my all time favorites.This would hold true even if I had to list 100 of my favorite recipes.It can be made many different ways using many different ingredients. Although the recipe pretty common, it does have a personal twist. As with any recipe, please feel free to adjust the ingredients and amounts. Any lasagna dish is a pretty safe choice for just about any occasion. It is complemented well with a fresh garden salad, homemade dinner rolls, and garlic bread. Beer and wine make an excellent choice for an accompanying drink.Whatever the occasion, this will certainly get two thumbs up.
- 1/2 kilo ground beef.
- Lasagna Pasta noodles.
- 3 cloves garlic minced.
- 1 small onion chopped.
- 1 tsp. basil.
- 2 tbsp. sugar.
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms chopped.
- 1 small bell pepper diced.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 medium can spaghetti sauce.
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of crushed tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese.
- Parmesan cheese.
- Cheddar Cheese.
- Cottage Cheese
- Boil the water in a pot and cook lasagna noodles until tender. Actually, the best method is to follow the instructions on the package. Drain them and set aside.
- Fry the ground beef until golden brown, and drain the excess oil.
- Pour the spaghetti sauce in, stir, and simmer for a few minutes. Add the onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms. Stir and simmer until they are semi-cooked. Season with sugar, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Stir and simmer over low heat for an additional 15 – 20 minutes to allow the juices to blend. Turn off heat and cover. Let it sit for 20 – 25 minutes.
- In a baking dish, pour the meat sauce in the bottom of the pan. Place a layer of lasagna noodles over the top. Spread a second layer of meat sauce over the noodles. Cover with cottage cheese, sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat procedure for the number of preferred layers.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top layer.
- Place aluminum foil over the top of lasagna; place in a 350 degree preheated bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven; take off foil and return to the oven and bake until the top is brown.
- Remove, let cool, and serve. Enjoy your homemade lasagna!