This recipe is from a member of the Maynooth Anglican Church.
- 2 gals cucumbers, cut lenghtwise
- 1 pt salt to 1 gal of water
(5 / 5)
- Pour over cucumbers in crock and let stand for 1 week. Stir each day.
- Drain and cover with boiling water. Let stand for 24 hours.
- Next day, drain really well. Heat 2 pints vinegar, 8 pints white sugar and spice to taste. Bring to a boil and pour over cucumbers every morning for 4 mornings.
- The fifth morning, seal.
Mrs. Francis Stewart
The Maynooth Cookbook