Warning: Illegal string offset 'script' in /home/ourgre6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-socializer/includes/wpsr-shortcodes.php on line 92
Warning: Illegal string offset 'script' in /home/ourgre6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-socializer/includes/wpsr-shortcodes.php on line 72
Warning: Illegal string offset 'script' in /home/ourgre6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-socializer/includes/wpsr-shortcodes.php on line 85
Homemade hamburger patties are easy to prepare and incredibly delicious. Without a word of a lie, this recipe produces one of the most delicious patties I have ever tasted. The most essential ingredients are the hamburger, breadcrumbs, egg, and milk, as these are what allows you to form Patty and hold it together. The remaining ingredients simply add the flavor. We have added Tabasco sauce for some additional zip. This, of course, is totally optional. It is best when cooking these burgers to flip them only once. Cook them for about three minutes on one side, and flip them to the other side and continue to cook for the same time. If you want your burger a little on the rare side, reduce the cooking time by a little bit. Alternatively, if you want them well done, increase the cooking time to about 4 minutes. The cooking time will change a little according to the size and thickness of the burger. You can grill for a little longer using an outdoor grill. These burgers are also great done in the oven, as well.
These burgers also freeze nicely for future use. If you want to do this, simply place a piece of wax paper in between each burger, wrap them well in Saran Wrap, and place them in the freezer. This recipe will give you 4 large burgers or 5 or 6 smaller burgers. If I’m going to freeze them, I usually make up a double batch. In other words, I’ll use about 3 pounds of ground beef. I also like to use a fairly decent quality, lean ground beef.
Use these homemade burger patties to cook your homemade hamburgers. You can also serve them as a hot hamburger or solo with a side dish of fries or mashed potatoes.
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce
- 2 – 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 4 – 5 drops of Tabasco sauce
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 tsp of pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, worcestershire sauce, egg, milk, onion, and Tabasco sauce. Using your hands or a wooden spoon, mix all the ingredients until they are well combined. I find it best to use my hands because I can massage all the ingredients into the meat thoroughly.
- Pick up a good handful of the mixture ( about 1/5 or 1/4 of it) and roll into a ball. Using the palm of your hand, press down on the top of the ball and make it into a disk. Using your fingers, smooth and shape the outside edges until it is perfectly round.
- Preheated a pan over medium-high heat and add some cooking oil to it. Place the burger patties in and cook them on each side for about two to three minutes. This will cook your burgers to medium.Of course, the cooking time will vary according to the thickness of your burger.
- Place your homemade hamburger patties on a toasted bun, topped with your favorite condiments, serve, and enjoy.