Hobo burgers are a unique alternative to traditional hamburgers. The recipe can be made in a variety of ways. This particular recipe, however, is one of the tastiest and decorative that I have developed. The stewed tomatoes and grated cheddar cheese give these hobo burgers a fine dining appearance. If you don’t have stewed tomatoes on hand, you can use your favorite spaghetti sauce. On the other hand your can make your own stewed tomatoes. This alternative will maintain the appearance and make the dish super tasty. Any type of hamburger patty can be used. We like to use our world famous burger patties. The burgers are traditionally served solo without any buns. If you want to try something different, you can certainly put them on a bun to make a super whopper burger. The most appealing part to hobo burgers is they are a complete meal in themselves and do not require a side dish. They already contain the potatoes and mixed vegetables. Give these a try today.
- 4 hamburger patties
- 1/2 cup mixed vegetables
- 1 can stewed tomatoes or spaghetti sauce
- 4 slices of onion, thinly sliced
- 1 potato, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Servings: 4
- Time: 60
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Place the burger patties on 4 pieces of aluminum foil. Make sure you use pieces of foil about 2 or 3 times the size of the patties.
- Place the ingredients over the patties in the following order: the onion, potato, mixed vegetables, stewed tomatoes, and the cheddar cheese.
- Fold the foil over the burger from top to bottom so it forms a boat shape. Fold the edges to seal it tightly.
- Place them in a 350 degree preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven. Take the foil off and drain the oil. Serve and enjoy.