Hamburger Macaroni Casserole is a classic recipe made with macaroni noodles, fresh vegetables, spices, and ground beef. It is an easy all time favorite in many home kitchens. It is perfect for those with a busy lifestyle as it is a basic recipe that can be prepared quickly using a variety of ingredients. The real beauty of this dish is it can be stored in the fridge and often taste better after a day or two. It is simple to prepare and can be made in a variety of ways to suit the needs of any family. It is often nice when combined with fresh dinner rolls and a garden salad. Whatever the occasion is, you will love our hamburger macaroni casserole.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni noodles
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 3 tbsp parsley
- 1 small white onion, diced
- salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup button mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1. Cook macaroni noodles in a pot according to package direction. Set aside.
2. Pan fry ground beef over medium heat until light brown. Drain excess oil and place back in the pan.
3. Add in onion, garlic and saute with the ground beef until fragrant.
4. Place in red bell pepper, and mushrooms. Season with salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until well blended.
5. Add in diced tomatoes and simmer over low heat at least 10 – 15 minutes.
6. After simmering, mix with cooked macaroni.Place mixture in a casserole dish, sprinkle with cheddar cheese and parsley.
7. Place in a 300 degree oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is light brown.