Fried rice is a great alternative to regular rice or potatoes. This recipe combines white rice with egg, garlic, and soy sauce. It makes a surprisingly delicious dish. As with any recipe, you can always alter the ingredients to meet your taste. As far as the ham goes, we just use common cooked ham found in your local grocery store. You can, however, use any type of ham you wish. If you have some left over from a previous meal, by all means use it. In my experience, the thinner the ham the better. For purposes of simplicity and speed, we use pre-cooked white rice. You can, nevertheless, cook your own rice – depending on your time and skills. This dish is excellent served up with most Asian dishes for most types of chicken.
Watch our Cooking Video:
- 420 g or 2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 pcs cooked ham
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup green peas
- Servings: 2
- Time: 20 Minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Asian
(5 / 5)
- Add the cooked rice to a mixing bowl. Add in the garlic and mix until well combined.
- Add some cooking oil to the preheated pan, place in the green peas and ham, and allow them to cook for about a minute.
- Place the in rice and stir it together until well combined.
- Push the rice to one side of the pan. Add in a little bit of cooking oil. Crack the egg in, break the yoke, and allowed to fry until it’s set. Then, using a spatula, slice it into small pieces. Fold the rice into the egg, add the soy sauce in, and mix until everything is well combined.
- Serve enjoy your fried rice.