Warning: Illegal string offset 'script' in /home/ourgre6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-socializer/includes/wpsr-shortcodes.php on line 92
Warning: Illegal string offset 'script' in /home/ourgre6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-socializer/includes/wpsr-shortcodes.php on line 72
Warning: Illegal string offset 'script' in /home/ourgre6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-socializer/includes/wpsr-shortcodes.php on line 85
Focaccia bread is made with ingredients such as homemade dough, garlic, rosemary, and more. It is an Italian bread which is flat, and it is loaded with flavor due to the herbs and spices added. It a great alternative to garlic bread. Although the recipe originated in Italy, it has popular throughout many parts of the world. It has an interesting history. As with most recipes, I have provided a history link for focaccia bread. I find it fascinating reading the history of many dishes.
You can eat focaccia bread with just about anything you would eat regular bread with. I prefer to eat it with pasta and soup dishes. It seems to go exceptionally well with anything that is tomato based. It also goes nicely with a garden salad, as well. Serve this focaccia bread up for lunch or dinner with your favorite main course. It will be an instant hit with all your dinner guests.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- olive oil for drizzling
- 1/2 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water 110 degrees
- 2 cloves garlic sliced thinly
- 1 – 2 tsp. rosemary
- 1 pack instant yeast
- salt and ground black pepper
- Add yeast in a bowl of warm water about 110 degrees. Add sugar and stir until yeast slightly dissolved. Allow to sit for at least 5 minutes or until foamy or bubbly.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour and salt. Stir until combined. Add in olive oil and yeast mixture. Mix until dough like. Add more flour if dough is wet and water if too dry.
- Place the dough on a floured surface. Knead for at least 10 – 15 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic like.
- Place the dough in a bowl with olive oil. Drop some olive oil and rub evenly onto the dough. Cover with a plastic wrapper and allow to sit in a warm place for at least one hour until doubles its volume.
- After an hour, grease the bottom of the tray with olive oil. Place on the dough and press to flatten according to size of tray. Cover with plastic wrapper and allow to rest for another 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, drizzle the top of dough with some olive oil. Sprinkle the rosemary, sliced garlic, salt and pepper evenly. Cover and let it rest for another 15 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees (200 C) for at least 20 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.
- Serve with favorite pasta or chicken dish. Enjoy your Foccacia bread!