Fast and easy mashed potatoes are a classic dish, and they date back as far as I can remember. They are creamy, rich, and awesomely tasty. Yet these classic potatoes are, nevertheless, easy to prepare and relatively inexpensive. The beauty of this dish is its versatility, as it can be served with just about any meat or side dish. Of course, traditionally it is common to see mashed potatoes served with roast beef or roasted chicken. In this recipe, we use the simple ingredients of milk and butter to make the potatoes rich and creamy. If you desire the recipe to be creamier simply add more milk and butter to the potatoes. On the other hand, if you want the potatoes fluffier reduced the amount of milk and butter used. No matter what the occasion is, our fast and easy mashed potatoes will be an instant success.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the potatoes. Cut them in half as they will cook faster.
- Boil some water in the pot and add a pinch of salt.
- Place the potatoes in boiling water. Cook them for about 15 minutes, or until you can easily insert a fork or knife into the center of the potato.
- Strain the potatoes using a colander. Place the them back into the pot. Add the milk and the butter. Mash them well. Season them with salt, garlic powder (optional), and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy your fast and easy mashed potatoes!
Watch our Cooking Video: