Cream puffs are made with ingredients such as flour, salt, butter, and eggs. They are easy to make and delicious. The filling is optional. Whipping cream, ice cream, jam, or ice cream are commonly used. They are often topped with a mouthwatering chocolate syrup.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 1 stick butter
- 4 fresh eggs
- vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream or all purpose cream
- 1 and 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. In a saucepan, add in water, butter and pinch of salt. Bring to a boil over a low heat. Continue to boil the butter melts. Turn off the heat and add the flour. Stir until it is smooth and well mixed.
2. Turn the heat back on and continuously stir for two minutes. Set the dough aside in a mixing bowl.
3. In the mixing bowl, add in one egg at a time and stir until well incorporated.
4. Scoop about 2 tbsp of dough and place on a greased tray or pan. Dip finger into a small amount of water and smooth out the edges of the dough.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for at least 45 minutes or until brown. Remove from the oven and let sit for 30 minutes.
To make a chocolate sauce:
Heat the whipping cream and chocolate chips over a double broiler. Heat until chocolate dissolves and is fully incorporated. Allow to sit for a minute.
Once cooled, cut the top off the puff. Fill with about 2 tablespoons of vanilla ice cream. Place the top back on and spoon the chocolate sauce over.