Coconut macaroons are an incredibly soft and chewy cookie. They are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. They are made with coconut flakes, eggs, butter, flour, and milk. They are also known as a small-sweet cake. They make a terrific snack or dessert. In some recipes, a baking sheet is used. However, we have used a paper cup mould to make the appearance more attractive and colorful. Macaroons can be topped with chocolates, syrup, cherries, or just about anything.
- 14 oz. coconut flakes
- 3 fresh eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 can condensed milk
You will need:
- Paper cup moulds
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, butter and sugar. Whisk until creamy and well combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut flakes and condensed milk. Mix thoroughly until well incorporated.
- Pour egg mixture into coconut flakes mixture and combine together until well mixed.
- Pour at least 1 tablespoonful of mixture in each paper cup. Repeat procedure, until mixture, is done.
- Bake in preheated oven at 325 degrees for at least 30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
Enjoy your coconut macaroon!