Chicken curry is, of course, a popular Indian cuisine. It has, however, become very popular in many cultures. The concept of spicing with curry has increasingly popular internationally. Personally, I find the aroma of curry very appealing, not to mention the taste. Having said that, this dish is absolutely delicious. It can be prepared with different strengths of curry ranging from mild to hot. My preference is somewhere in the middle when it comes to most spices. Serve this dish with rice or Roti (better know as Indian bread). We have not mastered the art of making Roti to this point, so if you want to venture out and make this there is a relatively simple Roti recipe provided here. If you do make it, please take a moment and let us know the outcome. Of course, don’t forget to serve your chicken curry up with your favorite wine or beer.
- 1 kilo Chicken any parts, cut in serving pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 thumb size ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp. coriander powder
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. crushed pepper
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking oil or olive oil
Watch our Cooking Video:
- Add oil in a preheated pan. Add in garlic, onions, and ginger. Saute for a few minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add in tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, turmeric powder, crushed pepper, coriander powder, salt and pepper. Stir for at least 2 minutes, until all, is well combined.
- Put in chicken pieces. Saute, until color changes to white, and chicken is nicely coated with the mixture.
- Pour in the yogurt, 1 tbsp at a time and stir continuously until sauce thickens and is well incorporated.
- Pour in the water; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat for at least 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- When chicken is tender, sprinkle some chopped cilantro, add a drop of lemon juice, and stir well. Turn off the heat and let sit with the remaining heat. Serve.
- Enjoy your chicken curry!