Made with a unique dressing, romaine lettuce, and croutons, ceasar salad makes an excellent pasta side dish. It can also be combined with meats such as chicken, pork, beef or shrimp.
Ready made ceasar dressing can also be used. However, I strongly suggest not to use any type of premade dressing. When the ceasar dressing is made from scratch, there is no comparison as you can adjust the ingredients according to your taste or the taste of your guests. There is absolutely nothing nicer than homemade dressing. The first time I tried this, I made a pledge never to buy premade dressing again.
Try this recipe as it will certainly impress your family, friends, and guests.
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, quartered
- 1 cup garlic croutons
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. anchovy paste
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Clean lettuce thoroughly and slice into serving pieces. Arrange lettuce and croutons evenly on a platter. Set aside.
- To make the dressing: Combine in a mixing bowl or food processor the cheese, garlic, egg, lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, anchovy paste, Worcestershire sauce, and ground black pepper. Make sure mixture is smooth and well combined. Transfer to a bowl and cover. Allow to sit in the fridge at least an hour.
- Pour dressing over the plate of lettuce and croutons. Toss.