Capellini Pomodoro is an incredible appetizer or even a main dish. Made with ingredients such as fresh tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, basil, and minced garlic, it is absolutely delicious. Combine the sauce with angel hair pasta and the Capellini is out of this world.
It is an Italian dish that has become a classic calling card of Olive Garden. Made with no meat, the recipe is easy to make, healthy, and ideal for vegetarians. Serve this up with your favorite main course. Don’t forget your favorite choice of wine and fresh home baked dinner rolls. As always, whatever the occasion, your dinner guest will be absolutely impressed.
- 200g capellini pasta or angel hair pasta
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 pcs. fresh plum tomatoes or 2 large tomato diced
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. chopped basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of hot pepper flakes
- Cook pasta noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- To make the sauce. Add olive oil in preheated pan. Add the garlic, fresh parsley and hot pepper flakes. Stir well for few seconds. Do not over cook the garlic.
- Add in diced tomatoes and a little bit of water. Stir thoroughly for at least 2 minutes over medium-high heat or until tomatoes start to sweat. Salt and pepper to taste.
- When pasta is cooked, toss with sauce until well combined. Remove from the heat.
- Serve on a platter. Sprinkle with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.