Warning: Illegal string offset 'script' in /home/ourgre6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-socializer/includes/wpsr-shortcodes.php on line 92
Warning: Illegal string offset 'script' in /home/ourgre6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-socializer/includes/wpsr-shortcodes.php on line 72
Warning: Illegal string offset 'script' in /home/ourgre6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-socializer/includes/wpsr-shortcodes.php on line 85
Banana Cream Pie is relatively simple and delicious. We have tried to keep the recipe as simple and fool proof as possible. There are, however, a few tricks that will ensure the success of this recipe. When you are making the pudding, be sure to keep the heat on medium low and stir it consistently. Use a good heavy saucepan or a deep nonstick fry pan; otherwise, it will burn and make a mess of the pudding. There is nothing worse than black chunks in your mixture. Secondly, if you are not going to eat the pie the same day, briefly dip the bananas in a citric based juice such as lemon, pineapple, or orange juice. If you don’t do this, the following day the bananas will be black or brown.
In terms of the pie shell, you can simple buy a prebaked shell at your local supermarket. If you want to spend a little extra time, we have a great pie shell recipe on the site. It’s totally your call. Personally, I prefer the homemade shell.
You can serve this pie up with some whipped cream or cool whip. Whatever the occasion, this banana cream pie will be a great hit with your dinner guests.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 bananas sliced all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tbsp salt
- 2 cups homogenized milk
- 3 beaten eggyolks
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Servings: 6
- Time: 1 Hour
- Level: Moderate
- Cuisine: American/Canadain
- Preheat your oven to 350°F ( 175°C)
- Add the egg yolks in a separate bowl. Set them aside in an area close to the stove.
- Place a medium-sized pan on the stove. Turn the stove to medium low. Add in the sugar, flour, and salt. Stir the mixture constantly, while slowly adding in the milk, until the mixture comes to a soft, bubbly boil. Continue stirring for another two or 3 minutes, and remove it from the heat.
- Pour a small quantity of the hot mixture into the egg yolks – approximately a tablespoon. Quickly mix it. This will prevent the egg yolks from scrambling. Now, add the egg yolks to the hot mixture. Turn the heat back on to low, place the mixture back on the stove, and mix for two minutes until it is well combined. Add in the butter, the vanilla extract, and continue to cook, stirring continuously, until it becomes smooth, creamy, and well combined.
- Slice the bananas into your desired thickness. If you are not going to eat the pie the same day, quickly dip the bananas in a bowl of lemon , pineapple, or orange juice to prevent them from browning. Place them into the pie shell. Top with the mixture. Make sure you get a nice even distribution.
- Place the pie into the oven and bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Allow the pie to cool for two hours, and top it with whipped cream.
- Serve and enjoy your banana cream pie.