Warning: Illegal string offset 'script' in /home/ourgre6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-socializer/includes/wpsr-shortcodes.php on line 92
Warning: Illegal string offset 'script' in /home/ourgre6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-socializer/includes/wpsr-shortcodes.php on line 72
Warning: Illegal string offset 'script' in /home/ourgre6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-socializer/includes/wpsr-shortcodes.php on line 85
Baked Chicken Parmesan is made with ingredients such as boneless chicken breasts, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and crushed tomatoes. The dish is rich, juicy, and absolutely delicious. When cooked to perfection, this chicken Parmesan literally melts in your mouth. It can be made with veal or chicken. I personally prefer chicken as a healthier choice.
The recipe is Italian but has nevertheless found its way into kitchens throughout the world. This is excellent served with just about any type of pasta; although simple spaghetti noodles are perhaps the best. As with many dishes, serve this up with nice garden salad and a tastefully chosen chardonnay or Merlot.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- all purpose flour
- olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley
- Pasta, cooked
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
To make the sauce:
- Add olive oil in a preheated pan. Saute onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Pour in white wine cook and stir until half reduced.
- Pour in crushed tomatoes and stir until well combined. Cover and simmer over low heat for at least 20 minutes.
- Add in basil, salt and pepper to taste. Stir for few minutes. Turn off heat and set aside.
To Make the Chicken:
Place chicken breast on a flat surface with plastic wrap. Pound until flattened. Season on both sides with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Dredge each piece in a bowl of flour. Next, dip into a bowl of beaten eggs. Lastly, coat chicken evenly with combined breadcrumbs and garlic powder. Repeat procedure for the rest of the chicken.
- Add a generous amount of olive in a preheated pan. Fry the chicken, in batches over medium-high heat for at least 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Set aside in baking dish.
- Spread a little bit of sauce over the bottom of the baking tray or dish. Lay out the chicken breasts side-by-side. Pour the sauce evenly over the top of each chicken. Top with mozzarella cheese and sprinkle all over with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 425 degrees for at least 8-10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Serve with favorite cooked pasta or spaghetti. Sprinkle more cheese on top. Serve hot.